- Job Reference IDINS-30878
- Career Level Manager
- Industry Construction
The Design Manager will lead the effort in coordinating and managing the Architectural, ID and Structural components in coordination with the other disciplines scope on construction projects. This candidate will work with the Project team to ensure successful pre and post contract completion of the project. Reporting to the Project Lead on site. Oversees reviews & manages implementation of construction documentation. Responsible to manage teams of discipline Engineers on site. Supports the Project Lead technically and will liaise with design office, contractor and client stakeholders as well as the relevant authorities.
- Coordinate design reviews with other packages’ design review manager and all project team reviewers
- Responsible for resolving design issues with Design Consultants and communicating those issues to the project delivery team
- Identify and report scope creep to the Project Director
- Reply to Contractors’ RFI’s related to Design Consultants intents
- Provide deliverables schedule input to Consultants and Contractors, and ensure on-time delivery of documents
- Review design documents and provide comments
- Review all comments for relevance and consistency
- Provide technical leadership to assure that all technical work reviewed is of high quality, accurate, and within the context of schedule and budget
- Provide review schedule input to Project Director and Project Manager
- Assure design is in conformance with contractual requirements
- Assure that all design submissions meet the quality standards set forth by the program
- Report progress to Project Director
- Coordinate with Design Review Team to develop and continuously improve the design review process and to maintain quality
- Implement and follow Quality Assurance Program procedures
- Coordinate the work of the project team with other engineering disciplines through liaison with other professionals. Monitor the work of staff allocated to specific packages to ensure that technical competence and performance meet the requirements of allocated packages. Ensure that the project is delivered on time and on budget.
- Identify specialized engineering or consultancy firms for owner approval
- Organize design workshops to enhance design delivery
- Prepare RFPs for design consultant services
Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture/ Structural/ Civil or equivalent from a recognized Institution
Advanced Post-Graduate Degree plus membership of a recognized professional institution preferred
Working knowledge of RIBA, AIA definitions of design stages and the application of them
Min15+ years of experience in building construction
Background in consultancies, contractors or a mix of both is required
Good understanding of all disciplines
Thorough knowledge and understanding of International and local Building Codes related to building construction.
Experience in managing, coordinating and actively monitoring contractors and subcontractors
Have a proven track record as a Manager on major projects Hospitality Projects and Retail, Mixed Use, Public type projects.
Strong technical design background and broad experience within the relevant discipline.
Demonstrated design and site based experience.
Aware of the latest trends in the specific field of expertise.
HSE awareness and prepared to ensure safety is regarded as a priority
LEED and/ or BREEAM and sustainability skills preferred
Knowledge of BIM and their applications