Job Reference IDINS-101138
Career Level Experienced Professional
Industry Shipping & Freight
Our client is a newly established JV between two large entities, one being semi-government.
Due to gender diversification in this male-dominated industry, a female candidate is being sought. You will be among the very first employees of this new company and participate in the growth into a large operational organization. As a start-up team, during the first year or two, everyone will all be hands on, also in tasks not necessarily part of the longer-term job description. You should be excited about working in such an environment. The role is based at Khalifa Port, UAE and will initially report to the CEO, and then to the CFO when the organization is more well- established.
• Overseeing the financial performance and status of the company.
• Oversee Accounting and liaising with the external accountants to which accounting, payroll is currently outsourced until the company has established these functions internally.
• Monitoring of the company’s debt management and cashflow
• Maintaining an accurate view of the company’s financial performance and forecast for the next period including capex and local payroll.
• Maintaining an accurate view of individual capex sub-projects in planning and execution.
• Implementing and enforcing controls to uphold the Governance set up of the company.
• Preparing financial reports for the CEO to present to the board.
• Regular financial reporting to the company head office.
• VAT Filing
• Liaise with the external unit for outsourced services to ensure accuracy in daily transactions, reviewing accounting entries in GL, bank reconciliation and account balances.
• Oversee the funding program for the project and liaise with lenders for monitoring and for drawdown planning.
• Assist the project team in estimating cost of individual sub-projects and asset investments and define sub-project financial KPIs.
• Assist the project team with vendor and supplier contracts and payment planning.
• Implement internal controls to ensure compliance with Governance set by the board.
This role will start in SEPTEMBER.
• Female candidate
• Chartered Accountant with min 5 years PQE
• UAE experience essential
• Experience from an international company.
• Strong knowledge of finance, budgeting and accounting principles including IFRS.
• Knowledge of UAE payroll principles and regulations would be advantageous.
• A driven self-starter taking charge of the responsibilities given.
• Strong team player
• Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail.
• Strong interpersonal skills and capable for managing external relationships independently.
• Good communicator, able to present financial data in meetings and calls.
• Proficient in MS Office in particular Excel and PowerPoint.
Thank you for your interest. All applications are viewed and evaluated according to the role requirements. We aim to contact shortlisted candidates within 2 weeks. As we often receive a high volume of applications, we are unable to reply to everyone. If you have not heard back from us within 2 weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful. (LV)