Job Reference IDINS-53237
Career Level Junior Professional
Industry Oil & Gas
Our client in the energy sector is strengthening their finance team with the addition of a new Financial Analyst.
The position reports into a young multi-lingual Head of Finance, who is ex-Big 4.
- Analyzing current and past financial data and performance
- Preparing Actual vs Budget analysis and include comments to management presentation.
- Preparing monthly project financial reporting and project status reports in Power BI
- Business partner with project managers and business development team to build financial models.
- Liaising with other departments to build and maintain a weekly cash flow.
- Identifying trends in financial performance and providing recommendations for improvement
- Coordinating with other members of the finance team to review financial information and forecasts
- Evaluating current capital expenditures and depreciation and preparing quarterly reports to the parent company.
- Preparation of budget and quarterly forecast including realignments, narrations, and justifications
- Creating /modifying budget spreadsheet templates in accordance with individualized project requirements
- Assists with monthly close process
- Assists with the implementation of new systems when needed
- 4+ years’ experience as a financial analyst
- Experience in the construction or another ‘project’ related industry is highly preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, statistics, economics, business administration or another related field.
- Financial Modeling and Valuation Analyst Certificate (FMVA) – preferred but not essential
- Expert-level analytical, financial reporting and modeling skills
- Strategic thinking
- Ability to influence and persuade
- Experience building dashboards with Microsoft Power Bi is strongly preferred.
- Advanced MS Excel and MS Powerpoint
- Knowledge of SAP Business one – preferred but not essential
- Excellent time management and organizational ability
- Attention to detail
- Ability to multitask and meet constant deadlines
Thank you for your interest. All applications are viewed and evaluated according to the role requirements. We aim to contact shortlisted candidates within 2 weeks. As we often receive a high volume of applications, we are unable to reply to everyone. If you have not heard back from us within 2 weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful. (LV)