Job Reference IDINS-68099
Career Level Experienced Professional
Industry Oil & Gas
Our client operates in the oil industry and has its HQ in the UK.
This ‘hands-on’ Financial Controller position is responsible for managing the accounting process for Saudi Arabia, and the role reports into the ME General Manager and dotted line into CFO in UK, the Head of Financial Control in Dubai and FP&A Head in UK.
Candidates should be happy to work in a small team, and should be able to work autonomously. Some remote/online training and guidance will be provided. The successful candidate must be keen to progress in their career.
- Direct preparation of Saudi entity management accounts and overseeing Dubai entity prepared by financial accountant.
- Execute month-end and year-end closing activities as per policies and procedures, maintain, and reconcile General Ledger accounts
- Tax filing (Zakat, Vat and WHT)
- Management of 1 employee, an Accounts Assistant in KSA, plus 4 others in Dubai
- Responsible for preparing weekly cash flow forecast
- Once management accounts are finalised, produce and circulate reports to the senior management team
- Produce the first draft of the company’s Financial Statements in line with IFRS for review by Head of Financial Control in Dubai
- Process the distribution of all clients billing
- Maintaining client project files and client invoices;
- Research all complex client billing requests and issues
- Chasing payments for outstanding invoices and credit control
- Responsible for reviewing the weekly bank reconciliation at agreed frequency, ensuring reconciling items are investigated and resolved promptly
- Key point of contact for KSA related clients
- Liaise with year end auditors and handle IKTVA audit. Responsible for production of year-end audit file containing all reconciliations with appropriate back-up. Produce / complete all supporting schedules requested by the external auditors
- Saudi Nationals only – due to the Saudisation program
- Relevant professional qualification in accounting is strongly preferred (CMA, CPA etc).
- Candidates straight from the Big 4 firms will be considered if at Manager level.
- Min 8 years experience required in an accounts/finance role
- Fluent written and spoken English and Arabic is essential.
- Experience of working to tight reporting deadlines.
- Ability to manage workload pro-actively and autonomously
- Advanced Excel skills
- Experience working in a MNC is an advantage
- Strong in IFRS
Thank you for your interest. All applications are viewed and evaluated according to the role requirements. We aim to contact shortlisted candidates within 2 weeks. As we often receive a high volume of applications, we are unable to reply to everyone. If you have not heard back from us within 2 weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful. (LV)