Job Reference IDINS-64167
Career Level Director/Top Executive
Industry Travel & Tourism
Inspire Selection has been retained to recruit a General Manager / Director for a world-class gym complex in Abu Dhabi, UAE, which will incorporate a luxury gym, yoga studio, swimming pool, mixed martial arts, cross fit, spinning and tri-lab.
The General Manager/ Director will be involved in all pre-operational matters relating to the setup of the Fitness Centre and is expected to join prior to commissioning of centre and start of the operations.
- Full P&L responsibility
- Complete setup of the facility including recruitment of staff
- Provide strategic leadership and coordination in the business planning, budgeting and administrative efforts of the company.
- Development of a branding/ positioning, and operational strategy
- Oversee the overall management & operations of the facility while managing the head of recreation / sports, marketing manager and heads of departments including back office.
- Initial management of a coordinator who has experience in Project Management from the initial pre-operational phase
- Coordinate and liaise closely with the various stakeholders including Fitness Centre Committee, and contractor to ensure timely delivery of project.
- Oversee selection and tendering of Furniture, Fixtures & Gym Equipment
- Manage supplier selection process
- Coordinate delivery timeline of equipment to confirm delivery timing is in line with the delivery of the Facility.
- Support with value engineering through selection of materials and equipment by consideration of cost/ benefit of different options.
- Map operational requirements to organization structure
- Alongside HR, develop a talent acquisition plan and creation of Job Descriptions for all operational staff such as HR, Marketing & Sales, IT, Customer Service, Membership, Coaching, Front Desk, Health & Safety, Incentive Schemes, Customer relations, Purchasing, Cleaning & Maintenance etc
- Conduct interviews and recommend hiring for all positions while ensuring quantity of employees and remunerations are within budget.
- Support in the further development of the previously selected Brand Identity, through a third party agency.
- Support and manage positioning & pricing strategy for different service lines and membership structures (existing feasibility study includes a proposed pricing & membership structure).
- Implementation of the Facility’s marketing plan at Pre-Operation Stage:
- Oversee & develop a media strategy and launch on social media
- Oversee & develop a customer database and awareness of the Facility by way of activating the surrounding area with activities such as bootcamps, yoga, gymnastics, family events and the like during pre-opening
- Oversee & develop a plan for corporate deals for government and private entities including schools.
- Oversee & develop a plan to engage government entities such as Abu Dhabi Sports Council to sponsor events at the Facility.
- Oversee & develop awareness campaigns on the importance of fitness, fitness goals, and how the Fitness Centre will assist in achieving such
- Review and comment on proposed the Membership and Packaging Sale Schemes.
- Review and comments update of the feasibility study to incorporate budget updates.
- Review existing business plan and support in further detailing assumptions.
- Oversight and responsibility for development of budgets for the company.
- Responsibility for the 5-year business plan.
- Previous experience as Director /Deputy in a well-established Gym
- Middle east experience preferred, open to international experience
- Must have high quality fitness experience as a General Manager or Area Manager.
- Min 10 years overall experience in the fitness/ recreation/ gym sectors
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word, Powerpoint, web-based and email programs.
- Excellent communication skills verbally and electronically
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule.
Thank you for your interest. All applications are viewed and evaluated according to the role requirements. We aim to contact shortlisted candidates within 2 weeks. As we often receive a high volume of applications, we are unable to reply to everyone. If you have not heard back from us within 2 weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful. (LV)