Job Reference IDINS-53626
Career Level Manager
Industry Water, Power & Utilities
Leading the implementation of component engineering program activities through the planning, execution, and post-close-out phases of component engineering activities (i.e., Mechanical, Electrical, or Instrumentation and Controls (I&C)) for the Plant as per the regulatory requirements, operating policies and principles, nuclear standards for nuclear safety, industrial safety, and environmental protection, to ensure overall business performance objectives are achieved.
• Oversee and lead component engineering activities to increase reliability and performance, reduce
operating and maintenance costs, and maintain compliance with plant design basis and regulatory
• Designate assignments for and oversee the provision of technical expertise during the
identification, investigation, and resolution of off normal equipment conditions to ensure safe
plant operations and preserve equipment design margins.
• Oversee and lead the monitoring, trending, and assessment of component performance using predictive
maintenance technologies in improve equipment reliability.
• Lead support of major equipment maintenance window development to ensure that Outage Management
receives the input it requires.
• Monitor, lead, and critically evaluate the sections efforts to manage the preventative maintenance
basis for components and optimize the program based on as-found conditions to make best use of Nawah
resources and promote plant reliability.
• Oversee analysis to determine whether components meet or exceed all regulatory requirements and
achieve/approach industry best practices to enhance plant reliability.
• Review prioritization to work backlog to ensure optimization of maintenance resources in component
• Lead the assessment and update of maintenance of component health plans to drive component health
and improvements effectively.
• Validate updates to the equipment master database (creation/modification/deletion of equipment
master information) through the overseeing activities including:
• Review of documents prepared by the maintenance team or the system engineering team.
• Register equipment master in Operating Management System (OMS).
• Review of station equipment master and changes in function location at least once every quarter.
• Lead the final investment decision (FID) process to facilitate obtaining new equipment, through:
• Leading submittals to Plant Health Committee (PHC) for equipment which received critical FID A/B
testing phases in significance after evaluation to gain approval.
• Lead inspection and evaluation of assigned components etc. during outages to identify condition and
• Prepare for World Association of Nuclear Operators (WANO) pre-startup peer reviews.to ensure
Academic Qualification and Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, or Electronics Engineering.
• Minimum of 7 years of relevant experience, out of which 1 year in a nuclear power plant engineering.
• Leadership Experience of at least 2 years
• Would prefer APR-1400 or OPR-1000 maintenance and engineering experience.
• Ability to relocate and live in the United Arab Emirates either by self or with family
• Attractive tax-free salary
• Health Insurance
• Children’s Education
• Bonus up to 3 months salary per year