Job Reference IDINS-74138
Career Level Experienced Professional
Industry Marketing, Advertising & PR
We are looking for an experienced Saudi National – Media Relations Manager to work alongside external clients and internal teams to craft and implement media engagement plans to maximise the media coverage of projects.
With relevant experience and qualifications, this person will be responsible for ongoing effective media relations and network development; issue management support; generation of positive media coverage; media communications needs analysis and development; managing the media relations team; ensuring all processes, systems and procedures are adhered to; prioritizing and scheduling the release of clients’ editorial communications to the media; collaborating and liaising with other staff to exploit media opportunities and sharing data and intelligence to maximize the use of media activities; liaising with media monitoring providers where needed; compiling media coverage reports or working with data analyst to compile reports.
- Develop a network of high-level professional contacts within the local, regional and international media, along with specific niche media contacts in areas of clear relevance to the client.
- Maintain industry/ media contacts to remain informed of industry activity and trends on both local, regional and international levels.
- Assist with the development and implementation of client’s media communications strategies and advise on the best means to achieve maximum positive coverage.
- Provide guidance on relevance of media outlets to client and resulting exposure, viewing/reading figures they can expect from different media outlets.
- Develop media plans for client.
- Draft media Q&As/talking points for client spokespeople – in English and/or Arabic.
- Respond rapidly to, and deal effectively with, enquiries from the media and other opinion formers.
- Advise Account Directors and/or Account Managers of media issues and on the best means of handling them.
- Develop and maintain contacts with PR departments of key entities related to the client such as Government entities
- Evaluate client’s media coverage and advise client teams accordingly.
- Ensure the timely and effective dissemination of media communications, including press releases, statements, invitations, fact sheets and other client approved media related material, to target media audiences.
- Ensure Arabic and English press releases are aligned prior to dissemination.
- Follow up on dissemination of media releases to ensure stories are picked up.
- Produce monthly media coverage reports, annual press coverage report and specific press coverage reports for news releases – as advised by client.
- Attend meetings with the client
- Invite and manage media before, during and after client events.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in the Arts/Media/Communications/Journalism
- Fluency in Arabic and English – spoken and written
- Minimum five years’ experience in Public Relations or Journalism
- Established relationships with key local, regional, and international media
- Track record of managing media relations in support of clients’ media communications strategies
- Demonstrable interest in the media
- Multi-task orientated with strong organizational skills
- Patient and friendly team player
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
- Comfortable working with new technologies, including media monitoring and media database platforms
- Discretion with professional attitude and presentation
- Confident communicating with executives at all levels
- Ability to balance multiple responsibilities
- Able to adapt in a busy and changing environment
Thank you for your interest. All applications are viewed and evaluated according to the role requirements. We aim to contact shortlisted candidates within 2 weeks. As we often receive a high volume of applications, we are unable to reply to everyone. If you have not heard back from us within 2 weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful. (KG)