Job Reference IDINS-9435
Career Level Experienced Professional
Industry Engineering Services
The ideal candidate will have recent (within last 5 years) successful experience and a well- developed network in the Materials Handling sector, and have an awareness of the infrastructure projects, mega projects in the region, relevant to helping clients develop their export markets in the Middle East. Current and clear understanding of the business sectors and main economic drivers of the Middle East, particularly the Gulf Co- operation Council (‘GCC’) states is essential.
Based in Dubai and reporting to the Head of IMEA, you will work closely with clients, as well as a range of local partners and stakeholders such as the UK’s Department for International Trade (DIT), Agent/Distributors network, Government entities, Business Networks, the relevant ex-patriate community etc. You will also work closely with colleagues based in the UK, the wider IMEA region and in other locations.
To help achieve export sales, you will be responsible for conducting market research, analysing market data, identifying business opportunities, connecting clients to local businesses, attending expo / events, arranging and supporting market visits of individuals and groups to the Middle East. Specifically, you will support conferences, represent the company and facilitate clients in major exhibitions. You will also provide support in arranging meetings and facilitating visit programmes for VIP and senior officials visiting the Middle East.
You will be required to travel regularly around the Middle East in order to develop business opportunities. You will also be required to visit other locations, including the areas within the UK as required.
The Role and Requirements
- Developing an in-depth knowledge of the capabilities and strategic growth plans of key clients in the Engineering sector – predominantly in Materials Handling – Quarrying, Waste Management, Recycling, Construction and Mining equipment.
- Developing short capability reports on the company proposition in the key target sectors; implementing approved strategies for these sectors in the region.
- Conducting local market research and analysing data to develop sector opportunity reports, map capabilities, identify customers, partners, distributors, and agents. Promoting business opportunities identified for clients and colleagues in ther UK, convincing them of the merits of doing business in the region.
- Providing business advice to client companies through written reports, paper briefings and oral presentations.
- Developing and delivering market visit programmes for clients (individual companies and / or groups for exhibitions / trade missions); supporting VIP and senior official visits to the region; facilitating inward missions.
- Developing partner, stakeholder and key networks in a strategic manner; identifying potential partnership opportunities for the business and their clients in the key target markets.
- Working with the Marketing and Communications team to help develop campaigns, building awareness, and promoting sector strengths and capabilities of target companies in the target business sectors.
- Accurate and timely recording of customer and stakeholder information on the company Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and internal management systems.
- Engaging actively with the company’s sector teams overseas, providing sectoral and market insights to inform wider strategic and events planning. Providing regular reports on market and team performance and reporting on outcomes of key events and marketing activities in the region on an ongoing basis.