Job Reference IDINS-67863
Career Level Experienced Professional
Industry Oil & Gas
We have a great opportunity for an experienced Senior Cost Estimator to join a world-leading engineering and technology company that has over 55 years of experience executing some of the world’s largest and most complex energy-related engineering and construction projects.
If you have at least 6 years cost estimation experience and are looking to join a very busy and forward-thinking company in a great part of London, this could be for you.
*Please note* This is a permanent direct hire position.
- Produce estimates for a specific proposal and/or project.
- Responsible for preparation of cost estimates in the different phases of the project (Study, FEED, EPC or PMC) for the whole product portfolio of the company.
- Responsible to prepare commercial input for PMC proposals and coordinate estimating preparation for small and medium-size services jobs.
- Study and understand the project scope of work, invitation to tender documentation, contract, schedule, project execution scheme, project contracting scheme, local conditions, construction execution, and financing scheme of a specific proposal.
- Analyzes the bidder requirements.
- Follow up and coordinating with other departments, mainly with Human Resources, External Agencies, Taxes, Business Development and Technical team.
- Prepare and plan project estimate methodology that satisfies client’s expectations, is agreed with Project Management Team and is in line with company guidelines.
- Conducts cost review meetings with internal departments and Proposal, Procurement and Construction.
- Present the cost estimate to Management during Review Meetings.
- Prepare price sheets
- Prepare price breakdown for submission
- Present the final estimate for handover to cost control after proposal award.
- Actively involved in the leadership and coordination of risk review meetings to ensure accuracy of risk evaluation and technical contingencies assessment.
- Coordinates with other departments and collects all needed relevant data
- Supports projects in final estimates understanding and in developing important change order estimates when required.
- Updates and maintains the Estimating department data bank and maintain up-to-date PMC estimating tools and templates.
Typical background and experience required:
- Technical school or relevant degree essential.
- Minimum of 6 years’ experience in Estimation.
- 4 years working in oil & Gas or Energy-related projects
- Basic understanding of the principles of cost control, estimating, management and project reporting
- At least 2 years of experience in Project execution (desirable).
- Good understanding of the principles of cost control, estimating, management, risk or contract management and project reporting.
- Hand-on person, capacity to work under pressure and to strict deadlines.
- Great interpersonal and presentation skills
- Proficient Excel capabilities
- Previous experience on services estimates (not only capital estimates) would be a plus.
Great working environment
Competitive salary, benefits and career development opportunity.
Please apply with full CV
We do our utmost to respond to everyone, however, it is very difficult when we receive a high number of applicants. If you have not heard from us within 2 weeks please take it that you were not selected. Thank you for your understanding.